A little bit about me:
- Married since June 21, 1991 to Karen VanderZee
- 3 Children: Miranda (age 21), Cassidy (age 16), Connor (age 13)
- Grew up in Edmonton, AB. Moved to Calgary in 1996 with Finning (Canada). Relocated to Grande Prairie in 1998 with the same company.
- Started my own business in 2001 (On-Track Supplies & Equipment).
- Board member with Habitat For Humanity (2004 – 2006)
- Board member with Swan City Rotary (2010 – 2012)
- Board member with Chamber of Commerce (2012 – current)
- Board member with Sunrise House
- Hobbies: Downhill skiing, snorkeling, house boating with friends & family & golf.
Why the Sunrise House board?
Karen & I were invited to the 2nd or 3rd Big Hearts event when Aaron Pritchett performed. I had known of Tenille from Peace Country Idle, but didn’t know much about “Big Hearts” or the Youth Emergency Shelter. Throughout the event we had a chance to talk with several people, and I was moved by the passion & dedication that Tenille and all her supporters put into this event. I was hooked on attending the Big Hearts events from there on. A couple years later I was approached by Alison to sit in on a board meeting, next thing I knew…
It’s an excellent group of people to work with, and a cause that touches my heart.